It won’t be an understatement if I say that flowers are synonymous with celebrations. Although you don’t really need a reason to buy flowers and gift them to your loved ones, giving flowers during celebrations carries special meaning. Flowers convey a lot of messages like; “I love you”, “Happy Valentines”, “Happy Easter”, “Merry Christmas”, and so on. The occasions are endless and so are the reasons! If you have already decided to send flowers to someone, it’s as easy as ordering them from your florist, getting it delivered to your doorstep and gifting them to your host.
Here’s a list of top 10 flowers for celebrations:
- Sunflowers are really Autumn! Halloween is associated with warm colors, and well, sunflowers are available in warm hues like yellow, orange and red. Presented with a juxtaposition of green or black, they would be fun and perfect for Halloween.
- Red lilies are one of the best answers to the call of Halloween. Paired with black colors or dry branches, they would surely create spooky excitement. Red lilies mixed with black and white flowers will impart a true gothic touch. You will have to create the black flowers by using a dye, which your florist can easily arrange.
Easter not only signifies as a Christian holiday, it also means warm weather for many across the world. Some of the most beautiful flowers that can be gifted or used for decoration are as follows:
- Daffodils are so sunny and cheerful that they lift the spirits of anyone who sees them. When you give daffodils to someone, it means that you are thinking highly of him or her. Its quintessence of true love signifies new beginnings and happiness.
- Tulips are perhaps the most favorite flowers of the world. Although these are available in a variety of colors, you should choose pastel colors for Easter.
- Hyacinths are yet again one of the loveliest flowers you can gift. Their smell is intoxicating and the fact that they come in a variety of colors makes them so playful.
Christmas is marked with enjoying, gifting and sharing. It’s a celebration of love, humanity and mankind. Over the time newer and fancier gifts have started showing on the market, but the good old flowers still hold the prime place. Even if people gift iPods or smart phones, they accompany them with a small rose or a carnation, if not with a bunch of flowers. Here’s a list of flowers, which people love to gift on Christmas:
- Poinsettia is no doubt the most colorful and popular flower to gift on Christmas. Also known as ‘Flowers of the Holy Night’, their red color symbolizes the blood of Christ.
- Hydrangea is oh so Christmassy! Although they come in many colors, white ones are pretty appropriate for the occasion. This lovely white foliage can be paired with a bunch of red roses or Andromeda.
- Roses along with the seasonal red blooms or on their own are one of the most beautiful gifts. You can decorate your tables with bunch of red roses mixed with some green foliage, leaving room for the food platter.
- Gerberas are used in all sorts of arrangements. No matter what you are celebrating, gerberas are so lovely that they will surely brighten up the day of the recipient. They don’t cost you a fortune and they come in so many colors that you can get spoiled for choice.
- Carnations are the second most popular flowers just after roses. Available in a range of colors, they make a great addition to any bouquet. If you are looking for a flower that would last long, then carnation should be your choice, as they are one of the long-lasting flowers when used as a cut flower.
There are a number of reasons to give flowers to your friend, lover or relatives during celebrations. You may be wishing them success or apologizing for your mistake, a bouquet will surely bring a bright smile on their face. Whether you love daffodils, sunflowers or tulips, they make a perfect picture and add life to your home. Flowers positively impact your physical and mental health. So this season celebrate with flowers!