- Prevent wear and tear by checking your tyre pressure regularly and inspecting them for any splits or holes. Driving with over inflated or under inflated tyres can cause a blowout. You can easily check your tyre pressure at a petrol station.
- Do your standard checks on your car to make sure everything is at the right level (oil, screen wash, coolant).
- Avoid putting extra pressure on your car and its tyres by not overloading it, if you have a roof box make sure you empty it when it isn’t in use, the weight puts a lot of strain on your car and also makes it consume more fuel.
- Check your spare tyre, make sure you have a matching set and if you don’t know what tyres you need the information is usually written on the side wall of the tyre, or check with a garage.
- Drive sensibly, Avoid driving too fast and heavy braking both of these can add damage to your tyres.
- Check the tread depth – remember the minimum is 1.6mm, so if it is less than this your tyres will need to be replaced.