Project 366 – Week 3
1. The Mummy Matters household started off the week all feeling a little under the weather so on Sunday evening Little Bean helped Daddy to make scrummy Chicken Super Soup with Dumplings for tea, we have Chicken Soup with chicken breast, turnips, parsnips, carrots, swede, potato and dumplings. It’s one of those feel-good meals and perfect to warm you up after a day spent outdoors in the cold. Little Bean loves helping Daddy to cook, it’s just such a shame she won’t eat any of it.
2. Monday night after school wasn’t a great night, I was still feeling unwell and the Beans were in their argumentative mood. I’d had a meeting at school with LB’s headmaster about her lack of eating and everything got on top of me very quickly after school and so I retreated to my bedroom to have a little cry. Jelly Bean came and found me with his black BABW Labrador puppy. He said “my puppy wants to make you happy Mummy”. Bless him, always such a sensitive little boy.
3. Jelly Bean and I popped to soft play to pay for his upcoming Birthday Party after we had dropped Little Bean and Beanie Boy at school. We had the whole place to ourselves for about 40 minutes and had a blast being kids together.
4. After swiftly dropping each of the Beans at school and leaving Jelly Bean with Karin, Ella and Sam to go to preschool I shot off to the Dentist for my checkup and x-rays. I don’t mind going to the Dentist but I’m always starving by the time I get out. This time I treated myself to a Boost Protein Shake afterwards and it kept me full for most of the day.
5. Little Bean has been a little bit reluctant to do her homework of late, I don’t know if it is because things are getting a little more tricky but up until now she has always been keen to get her homework out of the way quickly. This week she had to do comparisons of fractions. I have a set of Fractions Cubes from Learning Resources and they really helped her to whizz through her homework without an argument.
6. After a lovely morning out with Jelly Bean, my Aunt and my cousin’s little boy, I came home with a killer migraine. I have been suffering with them more frequently of late and this one was so bad I had to call Hubby and ask him for his help because I just didn’t know what to do with myself, let alone how to care for Jelly Bean and collect the others from school. Hubby came home from work and put me to bed, when I woke up 4 hours later feeling better but still with a headache, I was greeted by a very excited Little Bean whose first tooth had finally fallen out.
7. My head was still not feeling the best on Saturday morning but there was no time to waste as I had to get my Tax Return completed. It didn’t help that my laptop decided to play up on me and kept crashing but I got there in the end and thanks to getting more and more organised each year, it didn’t take me as long as I had anticipated. Who knows maybe this will be the year I actually complete my Tax Return in April . . . haha, who am I kidding?!