Fire, Amazon’s Fastest-Selling Tablet Ever, Adds Colours and More Storage
Amazon have announced that Fire, Amazon’s fastest-selling tablet ever, is getting even better with new colours and more storage options. Fire will be available in three new colours: magenta, blue, and tangerine, and with either 8 GB of internal storage for £49.99 or with 16 GB for £59.99 so that customers can take even more movies, TV shows, songs, books, apps, and games with them on-the-go. The new Fire colours and storage options are available for pre-order now, and will ship on 28th April, at www.amazon.co.uk/fire.
In addition, Fire Kids Edition will ship with an increased 16 GB of internal storage as standard for just £99.99—giving kids double the storage for the same low price. Fire Kids Edition is also available for pre-order today, shipping on 28th April, at www.amazon.co.uk/kids-edition-tablet.
“Fire is the fastest-selling Amazon tablet ever, and we’ve sold millions worldwide since its launch,” said Jorrit Van der Meulen, VP, Amazon Devices EU. “It’s the number 1 selling tablet on Amazon.co.uk, with an average 4.5 star rating from over 15,000 customer reviews. Today, we’re excited to introduce Fire with bright new colours and even more storage, so customers can enjoy a great entertainment experience on a fun, colourful tablet starting at less than £50.”
Millions of customers worldwide are already enjoying Fire. For less than £50 it includes:
- Beautiful 7” IPS display—A great viewing experience with vivid and accurate colour reproduction that can be seen at all angles.
- Quad-core 1.3 GHz processor—Quickly and easily switch between apps, stream movies, and browse the web without waiting for your tablet to catch up.
- Front- and rear-facing cameras—Video chat with friends and family with the front-facing camera, take and share photos, and save them for later with free, unlimited cloud storage for all photos taken on Fire devices.
- Up to 128 GB of expandable storage via microSD—In addition to internal storage options, with support for microSD cards, Fire offers plenty of storage to enjoy even more videos, music, games, and photos while offline.
- All-day battery life—With up to 7 hours of mixed use battery life, Fire gives you the flexibility to go wherever the day takes you.
- Fire OS 5 “Bellini”—Including an updated user interface that replicates the look and feel of a magazine, making browsing and searching for your content easier than ever.
- Blue Shade—Uses specialised filters to limit exposure to blue light for a more comfortable night-time reading experience on a tablet.
- Amazon-exclusive features—ASAP, X-Ray, Second Screen, Amazon Fire for Kids, Family Library, Word Runner, and more.
- World class content ecosystem—Access to 38 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, magazines, apps, and games—with free, unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content.
- Amazon Underground—A one-of-a-kind app store where over 2,000 normally paid-for apps, games and in-app items are 100% free—including extra lives, unlocked levels, unlimited add-on packs, and more.
Fire Kids Edition
Because we don’t want kids to miss out on any fun, Fire Kids Edition now comes with even more built-in storage. Previously available with 8 GB of internal storage, Fire Kids Edition now comes with 16 GB as standard—for the same low price of £99.99. Fire Kids Edition also comes with one year of Fire for Kids Unlimited, featuring thousands of age-appropriate books, videos, educational apps, and games, access to tens of thousands of hand-curated YouTube videos and websites, and our same 2-year, worry-free guarantee—if anything happens, simply return the tablet and Amazon will replace it for free. Fire Kids Edition comes in pink or blue.