BT Baby Video Monitor 7500 Lightshow
For the last few weeks we have been using the BT Baby Video Monitor 7500 Lightshow to keep an eye on Jelly Bean whilst he is sleeping and we love all love it.
What they say about the BT Video Monitor:
You’ll have the perfect combination of video display, HD sound and a touch screen monitor with temperature display in the palm of your hand, giving you all the tools needed for that extra layer of reassurance. You can even move the camera remotely and zoom in up to 3x to make sure baby’s safe and sound; and with a lightshow projection, along with 19 lullabies (including traditional lullabies, classical, nature sounds, white noise and womb sounds), this model is the perfect partner for your baby’s sleep.
What we say about the BT Video Monitor:
We have only ever had Video Baby Monitors with Jelly Bean so I couldn’t envisage using anything different. We hadn’t considered changing our previous Video Monitor because we felt that it did all that we needed it to do UNTIL we received the BT Video Monitor.
Our favourite features:
- The lightshow!!! This is such a lovely feature and one which both we and Jelly Bean love. Jelly Bean’s favourite song is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star so this is perfect for him. The stars, moons and planets come on in small clusters until they fill up the shape of a large flower and then slowly each cluster will go away again and so on. Once we have had story time we have cuddles in the rocking chair, put on the lightshow and sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star watching the stars together and then I lay him down and he continues to watch the stars until he falls asleep.
- Remote pan and tilt – Jelly Bean is the biggest wriggler of the lot! Our old video monitor was static so if he went out of the view of the camera we would have to physically go up to his room to move him and sometimes this would disturb his sleep. With the BT Video Monitor we are able to pan and tilt the camera to follow him on his travels around his cot and now we don’t need to disturb him. It also has the ability to zoom in up to 3x which isn’t generally necessary for a baby in the cot but it’s a great function if you are using the monitor during the day time to keep an eye on a child if you are out of the room whilst they are playing.
- Lullabies and sounds – a few of our neighbours have to leave for work very early in the morning and this can sometimes disturb Jelly Bean from his sleep as his bedroom is nearest the road so he would often be shouting for us. This would result in one of us having to get up and go to his room to settle him back down and to put music on again. With the BT Video Monitor touchscreen we can do it all from the warmth of our bed; if we need to talk to him we can use the talkback function OR we can set his Lullabies or sounds playing to soothe him back to sleep. There are 19 lullabies to choose from including traditional lullabies, classical music, nature sounds, white noise and womb sounds).
- Timer function – you can set the lightshow, music and adjustable nightlight to stay on permanently if you so wish or to turn off after a period of time and at any time you can change the settings from the parent monitor so you never have to disturb your baby.
Don’t make my mistake!
We had been happily using the BT Video Monitor with Jelly Bean for a little over a week without any problems. Then one day when Jelly Bean awoke from his daytime nap, he stood up in his cot and came to the monitor (as he does) and looked into the camera saying “Mummy wakies”. At this point I spoke back to him using the Talkback function as I had done in the past with our previous Video Monitor. This time I make the camera tilt upwards to see his face and at this point he freaked out. Moving the camera really scared him as he hadn’t seen it do that before. That night we had major problems trying to get him to go to bed because he was so frightened by the camera. I grabbed the parent monitor and showed him how he could move the camera using the monitor and explained (as best as I could to a frightened 2 year old) that it was just Mummy making it move although he wasn’t convinced. Daddy sat with him for a little while and managed to get his interest back into the stars on the ceiling and he eventually fell asleep. I’m pleased to say that we haven’t had any issues with it since.
Other key features:
- Large 3.5” touchscreen
- 480×320 resolution (double our previous video monitor)
- Micro USB charging
- Charging dock
- Connect up to 4 cameras
- Up to 300m range outdoors, 50m indoors
- Audio only mode
- Auto screen brightness adjustment
Read the advanced production specification.