It’s only a couple of weeks now until the end of this school year, but I’m already thinking about ‘Back to School’ . . .
1. Getting back into a morning routine again – as the summer holidays approach I start to look forward to the lack of routine and being able to just relax a little. I like that I don’t HAVE to be up, dressed and have all the Beans sorted by 8.30am just so that we can make it out of the door in time for school.
2. Having to get organised! At the moment we only have two of the four Beans in school, although Beanie Boy goes to preschool. But there’s a lot to get organised when they go back to school – new uniforms, school bags, lunch boxes/bottles, pencil cases etc. This year I’m going to try to get sorted early and will be going to Asda’s ‘one stop shop’ after school today to try to get as much of this bought and out of the way so it’s one less thing to worry about when September rolls around. They have a 100 day no quibble guarantee on all school wear so if my little munchkins happen to have had a huge growth spurt over the summer holidays and things don’t fit I can change them or get a refund without an argument.
3. The reminder that my Beans are growing up too quickly. As each September rolls around faster and faster each year I am reminded of just how they are all growing up too quickly. It doesn’t seem 5 minutes since Hubby and I were cooing over how cute Curly was in his Primary School Uniform but in September he will be starting Year 8 at Grammar School, Little Bean will be in Year 2 and Beanie Boy will be starting his final year at preschool. It frightens me that this time next year Jelly Bean will have started preschool too, I’m sure he was just a baby the last time I looked?!
4. All of our holidays/days out will have been and gone. Half of the fun of holidays and days out, is the anticipation of what’s to come. At the moment we have two holidays with Nanna to look forward to, Daddy having some time off work and all sorts of days out planned. By the time September gets here we will have done all of that and it will be time for us all to knuckle down again.
5. The worst thing about Back to School is that despite how much my Beans drive me crazy, they are my Beans and I love them all dearly. No matter how much I will be hoping for just a little bit of time to myself over the summer, I will have a very quiet and empty home once they are all back in their classrooms and I will definitely miss them (for about the first morning at least!).
What don’t you like about the children going back to school?