Following recent revelations that children’s bath toys provide the perfect breeding ground for potentially harmful bacteria, Milton reveals how to ensure children play safe at bath time and beyond.
Milton, the leading name in sterilising and hygiene, reveals its top tips to keep bath and plastic toys squeaky clean and free from deadly bacteria, at home and on the move.
Safeguarding yourself and your family against germs is simple with Milton, experts in sterilising baby feeding equipment for over 70 years and trusted by mums and midwives the world over.
Milton Three Step
Milton recommends a three step approach:
- Wash all plastic toys with water to remove visible dirt, and squeeze out any excess water. Use Milton Washing Up Liquid if desired
- Prepare a solution using just 1ml (20 drops) of Milton Sterilising Fluid per litre of water and immerse toys in solution for 15 minutes
- Rinse with cold water and leave to dry
If bath toys squirt black or discoloured water, discard immediately.
Milton has you covered
Milton Sterilising Fluid (RRP £2.35 for 500ml and £3.33 for 1L) is available at Boots, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, John Lewis, Mothercare, Ocado, Superdrug. Milton Washing Up Liquid is specially formulated to remove all milk residue and white film and is ideal for all baby and family items (RRP £3.99 for 500ml and available from Ocado and Sainsbury’s).
- Don’t forget soft toys, which should be cleaned regularly, in the same way that you would with bedding. Most can go straight in the washing machine. Choose a gentle detergent likeMilton Laundry Liquid (£5.59 for 1.5L (21 washes), available from Ocado)
- If you’re in hurry – or on the go – choose Milton Antibacterial Surface Wipes to disinfect toys, soothers, teething rings, highchairs, changing mats and more. Also handy for on the go when using public transport and public toilets. Ideal for travel and quick clean ups at home or on the move with baby, Milton Wipes kill 99.9% of germs including bacterial and fungi. Fragrance free and no need to rinse (RRP £2.29, Stockists: Asda, Babies R Us, Sainsbury’s, Superdrug, Tesco and Precious Little One)
- For babies up to one year it is advisable to sterilise toys regularly, as they very often end up in their mouth!
Other sterilising products in the Milton range to help keep you and your family safe:
- Milton Sterilising Tablets – like Milton sterilising fluid – are clinically proven to kill 99.9% of germs (bacteria, fungi and viruses). Easy to use and made up with regular tap water, items such as plastic toys, soothers, and feeding equipment are sterilised in just 15 minutes. Practical and portable, Milton Sterilising Tablets are ideal to use when travelling (RRP £2.46, available from Superdrug, Mothercare, Tesco, Asda, Ocado and John Lewis)
- Milton Antibacterial Surface Spray – bleach-free formula cleans, disinfects and freshens all surfaces including kitchen worktops, potties, toys, high chairs, fridges and baby’s changing mat. This 3-in-1 antibacterial spray kills 99.9% of germs including bacteria and fungi, leaving a lovely fresh fragrance (RRP £2.29, Stockists: Asda, Babies R Us, Sainsbury’s, Superdrug, Tesco and Precious Little One)
- Milton Solo Travel Steriliser: A 2-in-1 microwave or cold water steriliser, ideal for sterilising when travelling or away from home. It cleans and sterilises bottles, teethers, plastic toys, breastfeeding equipment and other small baby equipment from 2 minutes in the microwave and in 15 minutes for cold water. A portable, lightweight, practical way to sterilise – whether at home, a day trip out, overnight stay or away holiday! Its unique ‘lay flat’ design fits in most microwaves. The patented vent technology means the Solo retains more heat for better sterilisation, automatically releasing excess steam gently and safely (RRP £10.99, available from John Lewis, Kiddicare, Ocado and Superdrug).
I have a Milton Hygiene Kit to giveaway to one lucky Mummy Matters reader. For your chance to win, complete the Gleam entry form below.
Milton Hygiene Kit includes:
- Milton Antibacterial Surface Wipes
- Milton Antibacterial Hand Gel
- Milton Antibacterial Surface Spray
Milton, the UK’s leading sterilising and hygiene expert, has been keeping families safe from germs for over 70 years, both at home and while out and about.
Milton hygiene products kill 99.9% of germs – in seconds – including bacteria and fungi.
Milton Antibacterial Hand Gel is ideal for use when on the go. It reduces the risk of spreading infection and its non-sticky consistency leaves hands feeling fresh and clean, with an added moisturising agent to protect the skin.
Milton Antibacterial Surface Wipes and Spray can be used on highchairs, toys, changing mats and more. Milton Antibacterial wipes are especially handy when travelling or using public transport and toilets. The ‘no rinse’ & food safe formula means you can use Milton wipes to wipe clean drinking cups, bowls and cutlery without worrying about the need to rinse afterwards. The formula is bleach free, preservative free and fragrance free.
All products are available from Asda, Sainsbury Superdrug, Tesco and Precious Little One.