Aromatherapy uses essential oils in a variety of ways, including bath oils to soothe and relax, vaporizers, diffusers and room sprays. The practice of using essential oils to heal has been around for centuries and is now a popular form of complementary medicine known as aromatherapy. These healing oils may be used in a wide range of approaches, from scented cleaning products to massage therapy.
I was recently contacted by Blended Valley and asked if I would like to review their Aromatherapy Oils. Their offer couldn’t have come at a more perfect time since I have been feeling lacking in energy and focus so naturally, I said yes.
Blended Valley is a UK based company who blend essential and carrier oils to create a large range of aromatherapy products to suit your needs. I was particularly interested in the Chakra Collection and the Wellbeing Gift Set since I am currently trying to increase my self-awareness and balance myself naturally. My favourites so far are the Sleep and Concentration Oils which are helping me to get a good night’s sleep and focus on my work during my limited working hours.
Aromatherapy Essential Oils
Aromatherapy typically uses essential oils to provide relief from many different mental, physical and emotional health problems. It is important to always purchase good quality essential oils to reduce the likelihood of skin irritation and maximise the effectiveness of healing properties.
- bath oils: aromatic bath oils may be relaxing, stimulating, refreshing or aphrodisiac
- vaporizers/diffusers: perfume room, insect repellent, relaxation, prevent infections
- room sprays: ideal for neutralizing toilet odours, instant aroma
- cooking: in tiny amounts to flavour foods, drinks, toothpaste
- scented paper/linens: perfumed letters, scented bed linen
- scented cleaning products: lavender, pine in dust bags, fabric softeners
Aromatherapy Bath Oils
One of the most popular ways in which aromatherapy is widely used today is within bath oils, which provide a range of different benefits. Aromatherapy bath oils can provide a wonderful source of calm, enabling the body and mind to simply relax and unwind after a long day.
- to relax, combine 2 drops ylang-ylang with 4 drops sweet orange
- to improve sleep, combine 4 drops lavender with 2 drops Australian sandalwood
- to detox, combine 2 drops myrtle with 4 drops grapefruit
- to soothe skin, combine 2 drops Roman chamomile with 4 drops geranium
Health Benefits of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is recognised to have many different health benefits, making it a natural approach to the treatment of a variety of mental and physical health conditions, as well as a simple, effective way to reduce stress levels.
- massage: reduces blood pressure, eases stress, improves circulation, eases aches/spasms
- baths: eases stress, relieves anxiety
- inhalations: unblocks respiratory passages, eases breathing, ideal for flu, colds, sinusitis
- vaporizers: aids concentration, eases respiratory troubles
- compresses: ideal as first-aid treatment, cleanses/disinfects wounds
As highlighted above, aromatherapy is used in many different ways, such as in bath oils, massage, vaporizers, compresses, room scents and cleaning products. Essential oils may be used to reduce stress and anxiety, relieve cold symptoms, ease muscle cramps and provide basic first-aid treatment.
Blended Valley Gift Set
Blended Valley has kindly offered one Aromatherapy Chakra Gift Set to giveaway on the blog to one lucky Mummy Matters reader. For your chance to win simply complete the Gleam Entry Form below. Good luck xx