Don’t miss out on the Summer of Stories at Queensgate!
Queensgate’s Summer of Stories has begun, and it’s the perfect way to entertain your little family members during the school holidays!
The rip-roaring, two-week event started on Monday 29 July and will run right through until Friday 9 August. Filled with book characters, family storytime and crafts, the reading bonanza is designed to get your little ones’ literary juices flowing and spark a love of books and stories.
Hundreds of children and families have already visited to meet the giant inflatable Boris the Bookworm, listen to Story Soup adventures with Wendy Wordsworth, and see the Egg Soldiers. But it’s only just begun – and there’s something for everyone happening over the Summer of Stories!
Don’t miss out on the Giant Book Nook library area with cushions and beanbags, plus a magical forest of woodland characters from modern and classic fairy tales, not to mention bookmark-making, cartoon-character designing and story-writing.
Summer of Stories is taking place in support of the Vivacity Summer Reading Challenge 2019 event, which aims to get people reading more. The remaining stories, to be read by Wendy Wordsworth, will take place on the following times and dates:
- Thursday 1 August – The Magic of Stories with Professor Page Turner and Harry Hardback
- Friday 2 August – Fairy tale Friends with Little Red Riding Hood and the Not-So-Big-Bad Wolf
- Saturday 3 August – Adventures with Words with Will Whiskers the Mouse and Hermione Hare
- Sunday 4 August – Dip into Stories with Egg Soldiers
- Monday 5 August – The Magic of Stories with Professor Page Turner and Harry Hardback
- Tuesday 6 August – Fairy tale Friends with Little Red Riding Hood and the Not-So-Big-Bad Wolf
- Wednesday 7 August – Adventures with Words with Will Whiskers the Mouse and Hermione Hare
- Thursday 8 August – Dip into Stories with Egg Soldiers
- Friday 9 August – The Magic of Stories with Professor Page Turner and Harry Hardback
Laura Chandler, Marketing Manager at Queensgate Shopping Centre, said: “The Summer of Stories is already proving to be the most wonderful event. It’s the ideal way to entertain your family over the long summer holidays, and it’s all free of charge – turn up! The benefits of reading are huge and wide-ranging – it helps with vocabulary, learning, concentration and imagination, to name but a few of the great reasons to pick up a book. This event is designed to make reading fun and engaging, and we know families will love it!”
To find out more about the Summer of Stories and Queensgate Shopping Centre, visit http://www.queensgate-shopping.co.uk/westgate-arcade.html.
Or discover more about the Reading Challenge at https://vivacity.org/library-archives/summer-reading-challenge/ or https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/.