Panasonic launches eneloop rechargeable batteries plus GIVEAWAY!!!
eneloop is one of the most reusable batteries in the industry and can be used immediately, even after years of non-usage
Panasonic has announced the launch of a new range of eneloop batteries today, set to be one of the industry’s most reusable and energy-efficient batteries yet. Combining the performance and convenience of dry cells with the cost-efficiency and sustainability of rechargeable batteries, eneloop builds on the best of both and can be recharged up to 2,100 times – making it one of the most reusable batteries in the industry, and greatly helping to reduce waste. The new product line-up will feature three different models: ‘eneloop standard’, ‘eneloop pro’, and ‘eneloop lite’.
eneloop comes pre-charged with solar power using ‘Tradable Green Certificate’ system. It can be used immediately after purchase or long-term storage and offers similar levels of high comfort as a dry battery. While all batteries will naturally self-discharge (meaning that the amount of stored energy will gradually decrease over time), eneloop stays charged significantly longer. Following a full charge, an eneloop battery will retain approximately 70% of its maximum energy level after five years of self-discharge, making them ideally suited for everyday use, and emergencies.
Unlike other batteries, eneloop delivers excellent performance at 0ºC and can even be used in temperatures as low as -20ºC which makes eneloop the perfect choice for outdoor activities. In addition, eneloop can safely be recharged after partial discharge without impacting memory effect.
The eneloop product family consists of:
- eneloop standard – the standard model can be used with all manner of equipment
- eneloop pro – the high-end, high-capacity eneloop pro is suited for heavy users and equipment consuming a lot of energy
- eneloop lite – the entry model is designed for equipment that do not consume much energy and/or equipment that require particularly frequent charging
Key features of the eneloop family include:
- Rechargeable up to 2,100 times
- Extensive lifespan – will retain 70% of maximum charge even after five years in storage
- Sustainable energy source – pre-charged with solar power prior to sale, conforming with the Green Certificate System
- High performance in extreme conditions – can be used in temperatures as low as -20°C
- Excellent charge memory – can be recharged after partial discharge without impacting on battery memory
Since its initial launch in Japan (2005), the eneloop series has continued to expand, with technological innovations leading to ever improved performance. Today the batteries are on sale in over 60 different countries worldwide, with more than 300 million shipped globally so far.
eneloop will be available in the UK from April 2014 ,along with a ‘Smart Charge’ charger which detects the power status of individually docked batteries to prevent overcharging.
For more information on the eneloop product family, click here.
I have two packs of the eneloop lite to giveaway to one lucky reader. Just complete the Rafflecopter entry form below;