Green Smoothie Recipe That Your Kids Will Love!
Are you searching for ways to get more green foods into your kids’ regular diet? Why don’t you try making tasty green smoothies for them?
You see, green smoothies for children could be quite mouth-watering as a meal or snack that they look forward to. What’s more, it is one of the best high fibre foods for kids!
In today’s post, let’s look at where these green smoothies place on the health scale, some easy tips for making them child-friendly, and an easy-to-follow formula to make your own. Ensure you read until the end for a free green smoothie recipe that your kids would love to taste!
How to Make Your Kids Love Green Smoothies?
Can’t get your children on board with green smoothies? Don’t worry. You have simple ways to help them get the fibre, calcium, minerals, and vitamins they need.
To get them to drink green smoothies effortlessly, consider building that habit as a process instead of an event. You can begin with the ingredients they already like.
Ensure you involve dark-coloured berries at first. Remember that a “green smoothie” doesn’t need to look green. It only has to have greens on it!
You can use flavorful fruits such as peaches, pineapple, or berries with natural sweetness. Try to utilise mild-tasting greens such as spinach to begin. After your children love these green smoothies, you can now sneak in greater amounts of greens and other superfood ingredients such as ginger, bee pollen, sprouts, or cabbage.
Green Smoothie Recipe for Kids
This banana pineapple green smoothie recipe has a thick consistency and ideal for kids who love a creamy and cold treat. You can surely change the amounts of liquid, or you can play along with flavour additions to fit your entire family’s tastes.
- ½ tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 2 tbsp almond butter (or nut butter)
- ¼ to ½ avocado
- 1 cup pineapple frozen
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 cup macadamia milk
- 1 frozen banana
- Add all the ingredients to a high-powered blender. Combine and blend it until well mixed and smooth.
- Serve in two cups.
Tips When Making Green Smoothies
You will also find practical techniques for making green smoothies for kids more palatable and fun for their tastebuds. Consistency, colours, and flavours all play an important role.
- Play with flavours – Adding a tasty pop of flavour could bring your smoothie to life. Make sure you keep the sugar on the down-low. You can try different fruit combinations, a small number of fresh herbs or cinnamon and cacao to change up the taste of your go-to smoothies.
- Mix colours – Some children love the bright colour of a bright green smoothie. Some will lock their mouth at the sight of the colour alone. Hence, add fruits that are green, yellow, or white themselves.
- Consistency – Did you know that creamy consistency could be both nutritionally satisfying and texturally pleasing? Coconut milk, nut butter, yoghurt, and avocados are good examples of tasty creamy additions loaded with healthy fats for lasting nourishment.
There you have it! Are you now ready to make this green smoothie recipe for your kid! We wish you the best of luck! Enjoy!