As a general rule I’m not a sick person, I get the odd cold here and there but that’s about it but for the last three weeks now I have have felt rubbish, I think I probably have flu – lots of aches and pains, hot one minute, cold the next, runny nose one day, bunged up the next but worst of all is a chesty cough I can’t seem to shake. Towards the end of last week I thought I was feeling a bit better so we headed down to London for a weekend with the children. Saturday night I barely slept because of my stupid cough and sniffles and then when I finally did get to sleep some stupid drunkard started banging on our door in the early hours of the morning.
2. No patience with the children so I turn into shouty Mummy and then feel guilty and so the vicious circle begins.
3. No fun being used as a climbing frame when every square inch of skin hurts from the slightest touch.
4. Not being able to give the children a big kiss to say sorry for being grumpy because I don’t want them to catch the lurgy.
5. No-one to keep you topped up with hot drinks and medicine so you have to do it all yourself.
6. My children don’t understand the mean of the word “chilling” so they won’t just sit down and watch a film with me and snuggle.
7. Feeling aggravated with Hubby because he can’t work from home and give me a break (even though I know its not his fault – so then I feel guilty for being a bad wife).
8. Just feeling plain miserable and sorry for myself!!!
I know I’m not the first SAHM to be poorly at home with the children and I certainly won’t be the last but seriously, how do you get through your days if you have children that won’t just play quietly or have quiet time?