Italian and chinese tend to be my meals of choice, my all-time favourite being a very simple Macaroni Cheese and its a dish that I love to cook – well lets face it, it’s not exactly difficult is it! But there is one vital ingredient that I always have to have on my Macaroni Cheese and that’s breadcrumbs.
When I was younger my Mum used to make me Macaroni Cheese with cheese and breadcrumbs on the top and I just loved the crunchy topping so its a tradition I have carried on into my own kitchen. Personally I have always just grated a piece of bread, if I’m honest I didn’t realise that you could actually buy breadcrumbs until about a year ago when I was searching for gravy granules.
I was recently sent the new Sacla’ Fiery Chilli Crunch and Garlic & Herb Crunch to review and they have gone down a storm in our house. Hubby particularly likes the Fiery Chilli as he prefers a bit of a kick to his meals, whereas I prefer the Garlic & Herb, so this is great because we can have the same meals tailored to our individual tastes. The Garlic & Herb makes a perfect topping for a scrummy fish pie or cauliflower cheese and Hubby made some really scrumptious stuffed mushrooms with mozzarella and fiery chilli on top.
- Shower your favourite cooked pasta with Pangrattato or mix with Parmesan if you prefer.
- Top cauliflower cheese and grill for a few moments before tucking in.
- Shake over stuffed flat mushrooms just before serving.
- Treat roasted vegetables to a sprinkling of Pangrattato a few minutes before you take them out of the oven.
- Layer salmon fillets with Sacla’ Pesto and sprinkle with Pangrattato before baking.
- Sprinkle on top of fish or shepherd’s pie before baking for a delicious crunchy topping.
- Add crunch to a green salad in place of croutons.
- Shower over pasta bakes such as macaroni cheese just before serving or baking.
- Sprinkle over stuffed aubergines with a handful of cheese and grill for a few minutes.
- Use instead of breadcrumbs to make fish or chicken goujons.