Calling all parents – it’s time to get nominating YOUR favourites in the nation’s most celebrated kid’s activity awards – the What’s On 4 Junior Awards – with headline sponsors Konfidence
As the New Year dawned, many of us pledged to get more active or fitter and to improve the quality of our lives and, as support for the 6th Annual ‘What’s On 4 Junior Awards’ shows – the UK’s parents and children are no exception!
In this momentous Olympic year and at a time when the importance of kids being healthy, fit and active is rarely out of the media, what better time to be part of these prestigious awards in 2012?!
The award-winning websites www.whatson4littleones.co.uk, www.whatson4schoolkids.co.uk and www.whatson4kidsparties.co.uk play a major role in inspiring and encouraging parents and their children (from ante-natal upwards!) to get out there and enjoy classes and activities. The coveted national awards, recognise and reward the very best activity providers both nationally and locally as well as party suppliers and venues, family days out and those important individuals who make a massive difference to children’s lives.
And the really big news for 2012 is that as What’s On 4 expands globally*, award nominations are now open not just in the UK but for the first time also in Australia as mums and dads down ‘Down Under’ are now enjoying these fantastic websites packed full of inspiration, information, activities and fun.
With 250,000 parents visiting the websites during the UK awards programme and over 32,000 votes cast last year, organisers are looking forward to another highly exciting campaign for 2012 with headline sponsor Konfidence. Andrew Regan, CEO of Konfidence is proud to be associated with the awards (for the 3rd consecutive year) whose ethos resonates with that of the company.
‘These awards are wonderful because they both celebrate the achievements and thank all those groups of dedicated people whose work is often a lifeline and a vital support network for parents and carers. Getting parents and carers involved in a range of activities with their babies and toddlers is so important because they enable both adults and youngsters to socialise and make new friends. Children learn vital skills, too’.
Further sponsors include Hilton Hotels who are also the official host of the awards at the sumptuous Hilton Avisford Park Hotel in West Sussex on June 15 and The Mumpreneurs Networking Club. Media supporters include Prima Baby and Pregnancy Magazine once again and First News (the award-winning newspaper read by one million kids). 2012 sees a record 20 awards spread over a range of categories from ‘Best Pre/Post Natal Activity’ to ‘Best After-School or Breakfast Club’ not forgetting the all-important community awards. Nominations will close on February 29.
1. Best Pre/Post Natal Activity sponsored by Tiddley Pom Natural Baby Spa
2. Best National Baby & Toddler Development Activity (new-born to 2 years) sponsored by Konfidence
3. Best National Pre-schooler Development Activity (2 to 5 years) sponsored by lawyers4mumpreneurs
4. Best Local Activity for the Under 5s sponsored by Hilton Avisford Park
5. Most Outstanding Committee Led Pre-School
6. Most Outstanding Baby and Toddler Group sponsored by Prima Baby & Pregnancy magazine
7. Most Outstanding Activity Leader for the Under 5s – South* sponsored by Music Bags
8. Most Outstanding Activity Leader for the Under 5s – West & Wales*
9. Most Outstanding Activity Leader for the Under 5s – East* – sponsored by MEDIA HAUS
10. Most Outstanding Activity Leader for the Under 5s – Northern Ireland & Scotland
11. Best National Activity for children aged 5 to 12
12. Best Local Activity for children aged 5 to 12
13. Most Outstanding Activity Leader for children aged 5 to 12 – Sponsored by First News – the Weekly Newspaper for Kids
14. Best After School or Breakfast Club
15. Best New Activity for Children sponsored by Amy Taylor Accountancy
16. Most Outstanding Community Group Volunteer for children sponsored by Magic Moments Direct
17. Best Children’s Party Entertainment
18. Best Children’s Party Supplier
19. Best Family Day Out
20. Best Exported Activity for Children
Voting as sponsored by The Mumpreneurs Networking Club will commence on March 7 so parents, parents-to be and carers should get nominating NOW to ensure their favourite goes through and everyone who votes or nominates will be in with a chance to win 2 VIP tickets to the Champagne Award Ceremony at the Hilton Avisford Park in June and a complimentary spa treatment at this luxury hotel!** Just go to http://www.whatson4littleones.co.uk/awards.asp for more information and to nominate see http://www.whatson4littleones.co.uk/award-nominations-2012.asp. Limited sponsorship opportunities still available – see http://www.whatson4littleones.co.uk/sponsor2012.asp