Reasons to be cheerful, 1,2,3 – Week 16

This week is a really easy week for me . . .

1. Hubby has been off work since Wednesday this week so we’ve been having lots of fab family time.  On Wednesday we had Curly for the day and so went out for a picnic to Ferry Meadows in Peterborough.  The sun was shining all day and it was very warm, the kids were in a great mood – no-one was naughty and we had a lovely day out.  The only downside of the day was that I forgot to take my camera out with me so I didn’t get any pictures to remember our day.  Yesterday we did a little bit of clothes shopping (yet didn’t buy any clothes) and then called in at Springfields on the way home so that Little Bean could feed the fish and have a run around the gardens.

2011-04-21

2. Potty training with Little Bean is going soooo well, she is even staying dry during her naps and at night.  She will shout us when she is in bed if she needs to use the potty and is very proud of herself when she has done a pooh too.  We have only had two accidents all week which I think is amazing, I’m so proud of her I never expected her to do so well.

3. We are starting to get our garden looking more like a garden – thanks to Hubby being off work, he has spent the day in the garden today, re-staining furniture, preparing the ground for some gravel which is being delivered on Thursday and filling in the holes where the turf has separated slightly.  We still have a long way to go but it will be looking much better in time for Beanie Boy’s christening in two weeks’ time.

To read more ‘happy posts’ pop over to Mummy From The Heart or link up with your own Reasons to be cheerful!

Facebook Comments

6 Comments

1. April 22, 2011 / 8:56 pm

Lovely reasons, I love it when the garden starts coming together

• mummymatters
      April 24, 2011 / 9:56 pm

Oh me too, especially during the summer because we spend so much time outside, its nice to have pleasant surroundings too 😉

2. Kate Davis-Holmes
    April 23, 2011 / 9:11 am

Your day out sounds lovely and is a great celebration of the simple pleasures in life that are always there is only we would seize them.
    I too am enjoying having Him Indoors home more than usual.
    Well done on potty training – I could never do it properly so how my children now manage to use the toilet is anybody’s guess but glad you obviously have the talent for it. Well done you!
    A Christening in the Spring – how lovely, remember that camera though lol!
    My reasons are over at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com

• mummymatters
      April 24, 2011 / 9:53 pm

Thank you for your comment, I shall halt the Christening if I forget my camera!! Arrghhhh my worst nightmare.

I’m giving all the praise for potty training to Little Bean, I’ve just cleared out the potty she’s done the rest 😉

3. April 25, 2011 / 9:16 pm

Beautiful photo montage. We have been out in the garden this weekend too and it has really cheered me as well!

Mich x

• mummymatters
      April 25, 2011 / 9:20 pm

It’s amazing what being outdoors can do for your spirits, I’m pleased you had a good time too x

It's always nice to receive comments, go on don't be shy . . .