Things that bother and annoy me . . . .

I have been tagged by my lovely friend over at Whimsical Wife to write a post about things that bother and annoy me . . .  now really I probably don’t need much prompting to get on my soap box and have a good old moan – I am pregnant afterall and my hormones are in full swing.  Let’s see what I can come up with that won’t ostracise me from everyone I know!?!?

1. Bad customer service – I’ve been on my soapbox quite a lot about this recently but rather than doing nothing about it, I have written letters of complaint.  Afterall if management aren’t told about the bad customer service their staff are handing out, how are they supposed to do something about it?  I worked for Marks & Spencer for nearly 7 years and even on my off days, I still made sure that I greeted each customer, smiled and was polite.  These days you’re lucky if you get a hello as most people are too busy discussing the antics of their latest night out, conquest or argument with their partner.  Do people forget that they are being paid to do a job not catch up on their social life?

2. Kids with snotty noses – I find it very off-putting when I’m approached by a child with snot hanging out of their nose.  Please parents, tissues aren’t expensive, you wouldn’t walk around with snot hanging out of your nose or smeared across your cheek so why would you let your child go out in public like that?

3. Parents who swear at their children – is there really any need for it?  I don’t profess to be the “perfect” parent, i get annoyed and agitated by my children but I don’t swear at them.  Its about respect, how can you expect to be respected by your children when you show them no respect in the first place.

4. People who don’t use their indicators when driving – they are there for a reason, use the bloody things!!  It’s only a matter of flicking a lever, it won’t hurt you but it might save someone else from having an accident!

5. People who park in Parent/Toddler spaces when they have NO CHILDREN!!!!  Parent’s with toddlers need those spaces because they are wider and so make it easier for getting the little ones out of the cars.  You’re just plain bloody lazy!!!

6. The ignorant man who first pushed his trolley straight into my bump yesterday (it really hurt) and he didn’t apologise, THEN he took the back of my heal off with said trolley and laughed about it!  Let me see, pregnant woman + hormones + moving house + stressed out + stupid idiot man = lots of swearing and name calling from said pregnant woman!!

I think that will probably do for now, I’m starting to sound like Victor Meldrew and that’s not good!  I’m actually a really happy, cheerful person on a normal day, its just most days aren’t really “normal” at the moment!!

So now I tag you:-

Super Single Mum

MumtoJ

Mummys Little Monkey

Savvymum4

Facebook Comments

12 Comments

1. Jo
    August 29, 2010 / 11:34 am

Hi hun, thanks for the tag. I sooooo with you on the snotty noses, swearing at children and people who don’t use indicators, all things that really annoy me……………… damn now I have to think of some other things. 🙂

• mummymatters
      August 29, 2010 / 11:36 am

I’m sure you will find plenty of others things, I actually had to stop myself because I thought I was starting to sound like a totally miserable bag!! Wait to do it on a day when you’re annoyed, they just flow then!! xx

2. TheMadHouse
    August 29, 2010 / 12:09 pm

Sounds like yesterday was a terrible day

• mummymatters
      August 29, 2010 / 9:28 pm

Erm, well yeah, yesterday was a pretty crap day – such a shame as I was sooo excited to finally get the keys to the house but its all felt a little bit like an anticlimax. Still can’t wait to actually get moved in though.

3. wendy @savvymum4
    August 29, 2010 / 12:14 pm

Hi thanks for the tag, loved your blog. There are so many things that annoy me. I agree with you on parents swearing at their kids and people taking up child and parent spaces .The amount of people that I have argued with over that

• mummymatters
      August 29, 2010 / 9:27 pm

You’re welcome, thanks for the compliment!

Yes I’m not one to stay quiet on the subject, I’ve always been one to stand up for myself but since becoming a Mum I’m even worse!!

4. Whimsical Wife
    August 29, 2010 / 7:29 pm

ha ha ha – I hate all those things too! I may rush back and add them all to my list!

• mummymatters
      August 29, 2010 / 9:26 pm

I could have kept going but I thought I should stop! As the day has gone on there have been plenty of other things which annoyed me, for instance, whilst making Little Bean’s new wardrobe we discovered that the stupid people had sent screws which were too small for the holes, now we have to go out and buy more screws! Arghhh!! Thanks again for the tag!

5. mumtoc
    August 30, 2010 / 4:57 pm

I totally agree with points 2 and 4. I have an obsession about C’s nose in the winter, especially when collecting him from nursery to find his nose smeared in snot!! Also my hubby is a nightmare at indicating, especially whilst waiting at traffic lights, I’m always nagging him. He says he doesn’t have it on because its an annoying noise – what a dismal excuse!

Another pet hate of mine is children with no manners, I believe that as soon as they are able to speak they should be taught simple manners – it costs nothing, but sounds wonderful to hear from children of any age.

• mummymatters
      September 8, 2010 / 8:31 pm

Argh, how did I forget bad manners!! That would have been my number one pet hate, I can’t stand bad manners, there’s just no need for it!!

Loving L’s excuse for the indicators, I can just imagine him saying that now! x

6. Emma
    September 4, 2010 / 9:03 am

Oh AMEN! I get so angry at people who park in parent & child spaces and I tell them so!! The OH does draw the line though at me having a go at anyone who is bigger them him!!

• mummymatters
      September 8, 2010 / 8:29 pm

LOL, my OH isn’t keen on me having words either as he just knows it will be him that gets the wallop!!

It's always nice to receive comments, go on don't be shy . . .