The Gallery: Photos I’m proud of . . .

Inspired by her recent switch from the “Auto” controls to the “Manual” controls of her camera, Tara at Sticky Fingers has made this weeks theme for The Gallery – A Photo I’m Proud Of . . . . . so of course not being a great decision maker I’ve had to opt for a few “photos” as opposed to “a photo”.

The photos I’m posting aren’t actually “my favourites” but as i’m in the middle of moving house (AGAIN) all of my best pictures are stored away on disc somewhere in the depths of a big dark box!  So, here for you to see are a few of my “next best pictures”.

St Osyths Sept 09 185

This beautiful lion lives at Colchester Zoo and was I took this photograph through glass so I’m amazed at how well the picture has actually turned out.  He looks so regal!

St Osyths Sept 09 121

Just look at those teeth!! I wonder if they used this guy for the advert for Lion Bars?

St Osyths Sept 09 192

Ooops, I think I’ve been spotted!

Cumbria June 2010 264

I love how clear this picture is – it was taken with my new “toy” the Sony HX5-V which I think is an amazing compact.  I have a digital SLR but the quality of this picture shows big isn’t always best!

Cumbria June 2010 268

I had to put this picture in to show off the skills of my new camera, this has the “sweep” function on it which is perfect for creating beautiful landscape shots!  It was such a beautiful day when I took these pictures I could have stayed there for hours.

Cumbria June 2010 276

I may have to come back at some stage and update this post once I am settled in my new house because I have a photo which I took of Little Bean when she was about 9 months old and, to me, it is the most gorgeous picture ever – but then again I am biased!

11 Comments

1. Another Goldfish
    August 25, 2010 / 12:22 pm

I love the first photo of the lake. It reminds me of those picturesque photos used for computer screen savers. A romantic place you can dream of visiting when stuck in some boring dull office.

• mummymatters
      August 26, 2010 / 9:17 am

Thank you, I did actually use that as a screen saver for a while – as you say it used to be nice to look at and “escape” if only for a few minutes until someone started tugging on my t-shirt!!!

2. What did you do today mama
    August 25, 2010 / 1:21 pm

Great pics. Love the lion, he does look so regal, and the yawn is amazing.

• mummymatters
      August 26, 2010 / 9:16 am

Yes I think I did bore everyone to death when I took that picture because I was so proud I just had to keep showing them!!

3. Alethea
    August 25, 2010 / 2:07 pm

These are all gorgeous, but I love the water shot with the red boats and the posts forming a ‘v’.

• mummymatters
      August 26, 2010 / 9:15 am

Thank you, I was trying to be as “arty” as possible!

4. sister3
    August 26, 2010 / 1:43 pm

very nice pictures, I can’t believe you took the lion through glass (even if I’m convinced it was a good thing !)
    the sky on your lake pictures is fabulous !
    apaising (sorry, I’m not sure this word exists in english, but I’m at work on lunch break so won’t be able to check)

• mummymatters
      August 26, 2010 / 9:41 pm

Thank you – as the title of the post says – I’m very proud of these pictures. Its definitely the closest i’m planning on ever being to lion!!

5. bubbleboo
    August 26, 2010 / 7:18 pm

Wow, all of these pictures are beautiful! I love the pretty kitties, though 😀

• mummymatters
      August 26, 2010 / 9:42 pm

Thanks!! They really are beautiful creatures, so majestic!!

It's always nice to receive comments, go on don't be shy . . .